Friday, October 24, 2008

my rebellious daughter

so i came home the other day to find that boapers had left her spoon and bowl on the floor and had left the milk out all day. Not only that, but she had left her books on the ground and hadn't taken care of her monkey. Needless to say, I was disappointed, so I tried to go and find her. Anna was taking a nap, but I couldn't find that baby anywhere. That's when I noticed the door to the bathroom was locked. Luckily I have many skills and was able to pry open the door, and this is what I found:
Mostly, I was shocked. Not so much that she had gotten the make-up, grown and styled her hair, or found, lit, and smoked a cigarette, but that she had actually gotten her septum pierced! So she'll cry and mope for days after an immunization, but she'll find the money and time to orchestrate a run to the mall and pierce one of the most sensitive areas of her face? Really...
Kids... what can you do, right?

Try and edit THAT picture for the computer background, family! HA!

SO, as I promised I will start my Iraq lectures this posting. Or I would, but it requires more research than I am willing to commit. I would have to go get a book. Or look at wikipedia.
So I'll just say this for now: Muqtada al-Sadr is pretty important. Don't trust anyone who talks about Iraq and doesn't drop his name. Also, If you are ever in an argument or disagreement about something (anything) related to Iraq, just mention the Kurds:

Enemy: Are you dumb on purpose? How could you possibly think that staying in/running from Iraq is good policy?

You: Well what about the Kurds?

Enemy: *flop sweat*

You: The Kurds... yep. Them Kurds...

Enemy: Whatever hick/hippie... *sniffle*

The fact is, NO ONE has any clue about what to do with Iraq. If the U.S. leaves, Iran will enter through the south and take control of the Shiite areas and establish a super strong hold there. If the U.S. stays, the american public will become more and more disillusioned with our purpose there and we will spend lots of money with no clear purpose. Also, there is the argument that a continuous presence makes us an easy scapegoat for problems that aren't related to the U.S. occupation which would create more opposition to the U.S. And then the purpose is defeated. So... whatever right? All we can hope is that everyone just rides bikes. If we all rode bikes then no one would be able to travel far enough to ruffle anyone else's feathers, right? And all the steel that would be saved could go to making some pretty sweet frames. We could have whole nations riding together. A whole country of bike paths... In the Netherlands they have these awesome bike-specific trash cans that are tilted so you can throw trash in while you are riding. How cool would it be to ride from, like, Texas to Minnesota without having to stop at red lights? I'll bet everyone rides Rivendells in the Millenium.
But no. Looks like cars, war, and writhing economies are here to stay.

Hate for Bikes = Job Security

*sniffle*
the sweetest bike

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Just so you know Chris, you are my favorite right now. Well, for everything you just said except for the picture of my niece. I think that living in this liberal state that is not so military friendly I will be using the line about the kurds a lot!

Lisa Lou said...

BWAH HA HA!!! I hope she stills has that hairdo when I come in a month! We can play dress up.

Lisa Lou said...

but man, I'm really digging her sparkly eyeshadow and beauty mark. Good job soapapilla.

also - my word verification is "unaliker" does that mean not alike?